[zfs-devel] github bug maintenance shortcomings

Darik Horn dajhorn at vanadac.com
Sun Jul 19 11:59:15 EDT 2015

On Sun, Jul 19, 2015 at 7:08 AM, Gregor Kopka <zfs-devel at kopka.net> wrote:

> there is no milestone on that bug and it is just marked as 'feature'.

Right, #1256 was removed from the 0.8.0 milestone.

> Maybe we should upvote this to bug, since it has the potential to be
> desaster waiting to happen.

Short of submitting a reproducer, using the word disaster isn't the
way to get what y'all want from people working in the storage stack.
It causes them to turn up the squelch knob, and is a reason why the
public lists are quiet.

// I bit on this thread because ZoL is again blocked by the Debian
executive and going up to the next level of committee for appeal. (nb:
The July 2015 DPL summary.)