[zfs-devel] Ping: reasoning in module/zfs/zfs_ctldir.c

u-odpp at aetey.se u-odpp at aetey.se
Wed Oct 12 04:35:48 EDT 2016

Hello,

It looks like this list is abandoned?

Or possibly no developer cares about the 32-linux platform, assuming
that ZFS is "only" interesting for large storage installations where
one of course picks 64-bit servers?

This unfortunately hurts a non-neglectable usage niche, where we handle
moderate amounts of data on 32-bit kernels but still need the robustness
and the administration advantages of zfs.

This may become a reason for switching to a different kernel, but it
would be nice to know whether the linux limitation is there for real.

Regards,
Rune