[zfs-devel] Can spares be shared across multiple pools in 0.7.1-1?

Raamsri ramsri at fractalio.com
Thu Aug 31 04:33:58 EDT 2017

Correction: I missed the 'spare' part in the zpool add command while adding
the device.
This hasn't changed the error string though.

[root at linux integralstor]# zpool destroy zp1
[root at linux integralstor]# zpool create -f zp1 mirror /dev/sda /dev/sdb
spare /dev/sde
[root at linux integralstor]# zpool add -f zp2 spare /dev/sde
/dev/sde is in use and contains a unknown filesystem.
[root at linux integralstor]# zpool status
  pool: zp1
 state: ONLINE
  scan: none requested
config: