[zfs-devel] logicalused / logicalquota in userspace

Marten Lehmann lehmann at cnm.de
Thu Apr 5 13:39:39 EDT 2018

Hello,

when working with quotas, I noticed, that only the size after
compression is considered. That means I can only use

zfs userspace -o name,quota,used <dataset>

So while a

zfs get logicalused <dataset>

is available on datasets, the same attribute is not available on users
(and groups). What I'd like to do however is to set a logicalquota and
read a logicalused in userspace (and others might be interested in
groupspace as well).

I did some research and found out, that there was a discussion on this
topic already:

https://openzfs.topicbox.com/groups/developer/T630af93a26d41563-Mbd7141c6b9791c293d27ffd0

It also seems that something has been merged into the upstream already:

https://github.com/openzfs/openzfs/pull/250

Could you please give me a status of this feature or what currently
prevents it from being incorporated?

Kind regards
Marten