loopback

Brian Behlendorf behlendorf1 at llnl.gov
Tue Oct 12 12:38:35 EDT 2010

I've never directly compared the performance of file vs block vdevs but I'm
certain you will see a performance penalty.  How bad it will be is hard to
say since it will depend on your particular setup and workload.  I would
encourage you to try it and see if it performs well enough for your needs.

--
Thanks,
Brian