loopback

orbit christof.ameye at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 05:51:37 EDT 2010

Using loopback seemed to risky for the performance and I did not test
it at all.

I was able to reinstall the server with smaller mirrored partitions
and then use the remaining disk space of both disks to create a new
partition that is then used by ZFS in a mirrored configuration.
This seems to work well and with a performance that is ok. I tested
with a dd to a volume that I created on the zpool and it easily
reached 30 MBytes per second (very short test of a few seconds).