SPIN_LOCK_UNLOCKED seems to be deprecated

Brian Behlendorf behlendorf1 at llnl.gov
Tue Apr 19 14:24:35 EDT 2011

Thanks for reporting the issue, let me direct you to the issue we have
open on this to track 2.6.39 compatibility.  There are some useful
comments in the issue.  But to summarize the Linux kernel has never
provided a stable ABI.  Every new major kernel release seems to change
something, so we are always playing a game of catch up.

http://github.com/behlendorf/zfs/issues/187

If someone would like to start working on the needed compatibility
changes for Linux 2.6.39 I'm happy to review and integrate them.  In the
meanwhile, unless you absolutely need to be running the latest kernel I
would suggest rolling back to 2.6.38.

--
Thanks,
Brian