[zfs-discuss] ZFS compile error messages

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Wed Dec 21 09:07:56 EST 2011

On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 9:03 PM, Steven Anderson <hikenboot at yahoo.com> wrote:

> can you give me an example of --with-linux-obj argument currently i am compiling against full source since headers doesn't seem to work

If by "full source" you mean "I downloaded kernel tarball, and extract
it" then it won't work. Period.

You need either:
- a "minimal" version of build directory, usually packed as
linux-headers or kernel-devel (or similar) by your distro, or
- recompile the kernel, and use both the new kernel and the build
directory to build out-of-tree modules.

> I am compiling against kernel 2.6.32-6-pve

What distro is that? Better ask your distro provider. It IS possible
(though unlikely) that they're deliberately preventing users from
compiling their own module (e.g. due to support issue)

--
Fajar