[zfs-discuss] ZFS compile error messages

Steven Anderson hikenboot at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 21 09:32:06 EST 2011

sorry don't know what you mean by out of tree modules..does this have something to do with System.map file?
I am trying to get this working on debian squeeze although as you can see i have pulled a couple of things from debian unstable
deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ squeeze maindeb-src http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ squeeze main
deb http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates maindeb-src http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates main
# squeeze-updates, previously known as 'volatile'deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ squeeze-updates maindeb-src http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ squeeze-updates main
deb http://ftp.at.debian.org/debian squeeze main contrib
# PVE packages provided by proxmox.comdeb http://download.proxmox.com/debian squeeze pve
deb http://debian.hug.cx/debian/ unstable/

your help is appreciated. It must take something I dont know about compiling to fix this.
I first tried the linux-headers and it failed to compile and told me i needed the whole source tree because something was missing..I forget now what it was that was missing.