[zfs-discuss] Re: work around for /POSIX/ ACL support

Stephane CHAZELAS stephane_chazelas at yahoo.fr
Thu Dec 22 12:55:09 EST 2011

2011-12-22, 13:17(+00), Stephane CHAZELAS:
[...]
> user.ZFSACL.system.posix_acl_access
[...]

It might make sense to use the "trusted" name space instead of
"user" in the "backup" application case.

Also, I tried to use that LD_PRELOAD on unionfs-fuse (compiled
with xattr support enabled), and it allowed me to do
setfattr/getfattr on files on ZFS (with that fuse layer on top)
without using LD_PRELOAD for those applications (with that
approach, statically linked applications would work as well),
but though the ACLs could be set or retrieved, then were not
checked for access...

--
Stephane