[zfs-discuss] Good way to stress test two new drives?

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Fri Dec 23 01:55:22 EST 2011

On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 1:43 PM, Omen Wild <omen.wild at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just put together my new server and need to stress test two new drives.
> Any recommendations besides just filling them up with data then running
> scrub a bunch of times?

I doubt you'd be able to find anything wrong on fresh drives, unless
you run it many times (which usually implies running it overnight or
more). And even then, if you do find an error, I highly suspect the
error would not be on the drive, but rather some other component (PSU,
memory).

Anyway, IMHO e2fsprogs's "badblocks -w" might be a better choice.

--
Fajar