[zfs-discuss] Re: [Iscsitarget-devel] Server crashes when VBox is using a iSCSItarget

Ross S. W. Walker RWalker at medallion.com
Fri Dec 23 15:10:38 EST 2011

On Dec 23, 2011, at 2:55 PM, "Turbo Fredriksson" <turbo at bayour.com> wrote:

> On Dec 23, 2011, at 8:20 PM, Turbo Fredriksson wrote:
> >  Dec 23 19:10:18 Celia kernel: [  986.241070] iscsi_trgt: check_segment_length(1873) data too long 3 9728 8192
>
> Well, isn't that typical!
>
> Five minutes later, I found (in the long list of google hits),
> the url http://old.nabble.com/check_segment_length%281641%29-data-too-long-7371-65536-8192-td20892294.html
>
> Setting Max{Recv,Xmit}DataSegmentLength to 65536 solved the
> issue.
>

> Sorry for the wasted bandwidth!

Not a real waste. I for one would like to know why the whole box freezes and not just the Vbox VM.

If the IET error handling code doesn't drop the PDU correctly maybe these bad PDUs are filling up kernel memory?

Can we get a serial console or netconsole setup to see if any kernel OOM condition happens and make it freeze?

-Ross