[zfs-discuss] missing modules after compile

Turbo Fredriksson turbo at bayour.com
Wed Dec 28 10:00:31 EST 2011

On Dec 28, 2011, at 12:15 AM, Steven Anderson wrote:

> http://wanfuse.blogspot.com/2011/12/installing-zfs-not-to-be-confused-with.html
>
> to compile ZFS and SPL against a KVM/proxmox kernel 2.6.32-6-pve
>
> and after compile and install using
> modprobe spl and  I get the following errors
> FATAL: Error inserting spl (/lib/modules/2.6.32-6-pve/addon/spl/spl/spl.ko): Bad address

Probably becase the kernel source directory you compiled against isn't
the one that's running.

And from what I remember, the PVE kernel's doesn't work with ZFS
(for some reason). Check the list archive...
--
Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for the night.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.