[zfs-discuss] Re: can rsync transverse zfs filesystems

Selim Baygin selimbaygin at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 19:49:28 EDT 2011

I think you can create snapshots of all your filesystems on server1 recursively with the following:

zfs snapshot -r tank at 1

where "1" refers to a snapshot name.

You can, then, do a combo send-receive as follows (on the originating server, as an example):

zfs  send -R tank at 1 | ssh server2 zfs receive -d tank1

I am not in front of my system now, so I cannot verify the commands.  But these seem to be what everyone on the net seems to be using (forums, wikis, etc.)

--selim