[zfs-discuss] grub not being installed propertly "could not find device for "

Manuel Amador (Rudd-O) rudd-o at rudd-o.com
Wed Jul 20 13:45:09 EDT 2011

I have tracked the problem to this line in grub-install:

df $1/ | sed -n 's%.*\(/dev/[^   ]*\).*%\1%p'

this of course returns something empty, therefore no root device is found even
if specified with --root-directory=/

The bug for kernel isntallations in new-kernel-pkg / grubby is different, they
cannot find the root device too, but it's not because of grub-install.

Ideas here?