Migration from the KQ Implementation

Brian Behlendorf behlendorf1 at llnl.gov
Tue May 3 12:51:54 EDT 2011

Hi Gordon,

I would suggest you try the latest 0.6.0-rc source from Github or
Darik's PPA.  This will become the 0.6.0-rc4 tag shortly if it passes
the needed testing.  I suspect you'll be pleasantly surprised with the
stability of this implementation.

github:
  git clone git://github.com/behlendorf/spl.git
  git clone git://github.com/behlendorf/zfs.git

PPA:
  https://launchpad.net/~dajhorn/+archive/zfs

As for when an official 0.6.0 tag will be released it primarily depends
on resolving the remaining 14 open bugs.  We don't want to tag a stable
release with any know stability/correctness issues.

  http://github.com/behlendorf/zfs/issues

As for your dedup+compression issue I would suggest trying to reproduce
it with this code base.  As you probably know the KQ implementation was
originally derived from this project.  However, we have fixed numerous
issues which never made it back in to the KQ version.  It wouldn't
surprise me too much if your issue has already been addressed.  If you
are able to recreate it please open a bug on the issue tracker with the
crash details.  Just think of it as one more blocker for the 0.6.0
release!

--
Thanks,
Brian