Migration from the KQ Implementation

Gordan Bobic gordan.bobic at gmail.com
Tue May 3 17:09:57 EDT 2011

On 05/03/2011 09:58 PM, Brian Behlendorf wrote:
> I'm in agreement with Gunnar, your compress+dedup crash sounds exactly
> like the stack overrun described in issue 174 which has been fixed.
>
>    https://github.com/behlendorf/zfs/issues/174
>
> Additionally, even if this does turn out to be a different issue which
> still exists.  I'm sure we can suggest a way to recover the pool without
> resorting to recreating the pool from a backup.

Indeed, I do recognize almost all of the functions in the trace on that
issue, so I'm pretty certain that it is either the same bug or a very
similar one. I'll try building the rc3 against my kernel (RHEL6 2.6.32)
and see how it goes.

I don't suppose there's a way to downgrade the pool version to v23 or
v26 so I could fall back on the fuse implementation in an emergency?

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. :)

Gordan