Migration from the KQ Implementation

Gordan Bobic gordan.bobic at gmail.com
Tue May 3 17:50:51 EDT 2011

On 05/03/2011 10:38 PM, Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:
> On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 4:09 AM, Gordan Bobic<gordan.bobic at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> I don't suppose there's a way to downgrade the pool version to v23 or v26 so
>> I could fall back on the fuse implementation in an emergency?
>
> For emergency situations I keep a copy of latest Solaris Express
> handy. It was able to import a problematic pool (crashed during
> bonnie++ test) for me in the past where both zfs-fuse and native zfs
> failed.

Indeed, that would have been my plan B if I hadn't had a backup of
everything. :) Good to know that it probably would have worked.

Which brings me to another, somewhat tangential point. Sun and Oracle
have thus far failed to provide a fsck tool for ZFS. In the absence of
such a tool from an official source, is there a future plan/intention
for providing such a thing within the scope of this project? I know that
ZFS is supposedly designed so that it is always consistently
recoverable, but I know of several cases at work where this wasn't the
case after a crash, using pure stable Solaris.

Gordan