Migration from the KQ Implementation

Jason J. W. Williams jasonjwwilliams at gmail.com
Wed May 4 18:57:35 EDT 2011

> It's hard to sell ZFS as a possibility in my $orkplace if there's no last
> resort option for data recovery (several hundred Tb involved)

Honestly, we've been using ZFS since 2006 and the only time a pool has
been completely unimportable had to do with dedup. And I'm sure if I'd
cared about that pool I could have coaxed it into importing with zdb.
If you're coming from any other filesystem I can understand the
concern, but it's pretty da*n hard to get a ZFS filesystem to be
inconsistent.

-J