spl/zfs-0.6.0-rc4

Brian Behlendorf behlendorf1 at llnl.gov
Thu May 5 19:20:20 EDT 2011

The spl/zfs-0.6.0-rc4 release candidate is available!

http://zfsonlinux.org/

Noteworthy fixes include:
  #84  - Fixed 'zfs set volsize=N pool/dataset' crash
  #190 - Allow NFS exported zfs filesystem
  #165 - Allow uid/gids up to 2^32-1
  #174 - Improved 'zfs scrub' stability by reducing stack usage
  #191 - Fixed zvol deadlock
  #136 - Fixed 2GB file size and zvol limit on 32-bit systems
  #169 - Enforce ARC meta-data limits
  #180 - Fixed stale znode/SA crash
  #203 - Truncate xattr's when modified
  #194 - zfs(8) and zpool(8) man page corrections
  #xxx - Fix mounting zfs snapshots
  #xxx - Added all known zfs tunables as module options
  #xxx - Added default Gentoo/Lunar/Redhat init scripts
  #xxx - Various build system fixes

A complete list of changes as always can be found in the git commit
logs.  I'd also like to thank the following individuals for their
contributions to this release candidate:

  Alejandro R. SedeƱo
  Aniruddha Shankar
  Darik Horn
  Devsk
  Fajar A. Nugraha
  Gunnar Beutner
  Jean-Michel Bruenn
  Richard Laager

Finally, I have started using the newly introduced milestones on the
Github issue tracker.  Since there are still a dozen or so known bugs
outstanding there will be at least one more release candidate.  You can
follow the progress of the 0.6.0-rc5 release candidate here:

https://github.com/behlendorf/zfs/issues?milestone=9&sort=created&direction=desc&_pjax=true&state=open

Additionally, longer term milestones have been created as a tentative
road map.  This should give you a good idea when certain features are
planned to be implemented.  The due dates are fictional, but the more
help we get from the community the faster things will get done.

--
Thanks,
Brian