spl/zfs-0.6.0-rc4

Brian Behlendorf behlendorf1 at llnl.gov
Fri May 6 15:05:52 EDT 2011

On Fri, 2011-05-06 at 11:30 -0700, Uncle Stoatwarbler wrote:
> On 06/05/11 18:42, Brian Behlendorf wrote:
> > Thanks for giving it a try.  Your hitting known issue #216 which is
> > targeted to be fixed in 0.6.0-rc5.  Perhaps sooner rather than latter
> > since I'm getting more reports of people hitting this.
>
> I thought exporting ZFS via NFS was a no-no. Has this changed?

Gunnar Beutner was nice enough to contribute the needed kernel code to
allow us to export a zfs filesystem via nfsd.  This support first
appears in the 0.6.0-rc4 release candidate.  There's still work on going
to properly support 'zfs share', but you can now export the filesystem
with the usual Linux methods.

  https://github.com/behlendorf/zfs/issues/190

There's also still one outstanding zfs+nfs bug I just ran in to
yesterday which will be fixed shortly in master.  So you might want to
hold off for a little bit still.

  https://github.com/behlendorf/zfs/issues/230

Thanks,
Brian