Location of some executables

Darik Horn dajhorn at vanadac.com
Tue May 10 08:27:31 EDT 2011

> > i've noticed all executables and libraries are placed under /usr dir.
>
> This is consistent with solaris.

On Linux, this is a FHS violation that causes lintian errors.

For the 0.6.0-rc4 release, I applied most of the lintian recommendations
to the Debian packaging, but I am still thinking about how to drop
the /usr prefix.

The libexec helpers cause similar lintian complaints.

> If you want, you can use zfs for "/" (Darik has posted
> instructions for doing so in Ubuntu, search list archive if you need
> it).

The OVA example was upgraded to Natty yesterday:

  https://github.com/dajhorn/pkg-zfs/wiki/HOWTO-install-Ubuntu-to-a-Native-ZFS-Root-Filesystem