Location of some executables

Marcin Mirosław marcin at mejor.pl
Tue May 10 17:13:09 EDT 2011

W dniu 2011-05-10 11:48, Fajar A. Nugraha pisze:
> Personally I agree with that approach, and we should keep it the same
> for Linux. If you want, you can use zfs for "/" (Darik has posted
> instructions for doing so in Ubuntu, search list archive if you need
> it).

Hello!
I don't want to have / on zfs (personally, i don't use and don't like
initrd). I meant two cases:
a) /usr is on diffrent partition (e.g.) , udev tries executing rules for
zvol and zpool, but it's doing before localmount service, so can't find
binaries to run
b) /usr on zfs, we need to have all tools in /{s}bin/

<Imho> the main problem is with hostid (as Alexey said earlier). I'm not
convinced zfsonlinux should be ideal clone from solaris zfs, what is
good on solaris, doesn't have to be so good on linux </imho>
My 0.02$ :)
Anyway, thanks for all your job on zfsonlinux!
Regards,
Marcin