How to mount existing ZFS partition in Ubuntu 11.04 x64 ?

Ned Bass nedbass at gmail.com
Thu May 12 12:52:02 EDT 2011

Hi,

It seems maybe your fstab  has an existing entry for /dev/sdc1 that
specifies the uhelper=udisks option.  In general you mount a zfs
filesystem using the name of a dataset or snapshot, not a block device
file.  You can use the zfs mount command, i.e.

    zfs mount tank/fish

where tank/fish is replaced with your actual dataset name.

If you prefer to  use the mount command you must first set the
mountpoint property to legacy, i.e.

   zfs set mountpoint=legacy tank/fish
   mount -t zfs tank/fish /mnt

Ned