0% CAP Reported with data present

meentsbk meentsbk at gmail.com
Fri May 20 09:45:37 EDT 2011

Hello,

I have recently being studying ZFS and getting myself up to speed on
how everything works (mainly following the solaris docs.)  I have
installed the ZFS package from the launchpad PPA (version RC4) on
Ubuntu 11.04 x64.

Following all of the instructions and such in some of that document, I
created a basic, mirrored pool across 2 2-TB disks named tank.  I then
created a ZFS under tank/media and tank/data.  This was then mounted
using zfs mount -a, and everything is "browseable" via nautilus.

Through nautilus, I then created a folder in tank/data/media called
music and copied in 3GB as a test run.  When looking at both zpool
status and zfs status, however, the ALLOC is showing the proper size,
but the CAP and  AVAIL are not changing:

zpool status
NAME   SIZE  ALLOC   FREE    CAP  DEDUP  HEALTH  ALTROOT
tank      1.81T  3.18G     1.81T     0%    1.00x      ONLINE    -

zfs status
NAME         USED  AVAIL  REFER  MOUNTPOINT
tank            3.18G   1.78T    32K      /tank
tank/data     58.1M  1.78T    58.1M   /tank/data
tank/media  3.12G   1.78T    3.12G   /tank/media

Am I just missing something extremely obvious, or do I have something
setup incorrectly (and thus putting my data at risk?)

Thanks in advance,

Brian