a difficult-to-describe problem involving long write times and enormous load levels

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Mon May 23 02:54:56 EDT 2011

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 2:08 AM, Daniel Brooks <dlb48x at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok, This morning the load is only 19, but everything that interacts with a
> zfs filesystem is locked up. iostat says that there is zero activity on
> those disks:

That definitely looks like a bug.

If there's additional data (like the deadlock on
https://github.com/behlendorf/zfs/issues/232) you should file a bug
report.

> Although as you can see it can still read from sda, which isn't being used
> by zfs. The drives themselves still work, I can interrogate them with
> hdparm, for instance.

Have you tried limiting max arc size? I use zfs on a relatively busy
mysql server (several hundred write tps on Innodb, sync after every
transaction, SSD), with zfs_arc_max=134217728 and so far it's working
good.

--
FAN