zpool create cannot open '/dev/sda': Device or resource busy

Darik Horn dajhorn at vanadac.com
Mon May 23 10:05:08 EDT 2011

On Mon, 2011-05-23 at 06:43 -0700, dubois wrote:
> Hoping Darik read my comment ...... ^_^

Hi.

> > > You should add this line in your documentation This make easier the
> > > module compilation :
> > > apt-get install build-essential gawk alien fakeroot linux-headers-$
> > > (uname -r) zlib1g-dev uuid-dev libblkid-dev libselinux1-dev

This is the build-dep for the deb packaging in the upstream
behlendorf/zfs tree, which lacks direct support for a native ZFS root
filesystem.

The HOWTO assumes that you are using the dajhorn/pkg-zfs packages from
the linked PPA, which are packaged differently and have the necessary
root filesystem support.

Thus, it would be incorrect for me to apply the requested changes.

HTH.