encryption and newer zpool versions

Cyril Plisko cyril.plisko at grigale.com
Mon May 23 16:33:41 EDT 2011

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 22:18, devsk <devsku at gmail.com> wrote:
> I thought Oracle did publish upto nevada build 150 (which has pool
> version 131 and encryption was in 130). This was in Oct '10. Did it
> not do that?

No, they didn't. The last commit [1] that made it outside was just
a dozen or so commits past build 147. The zfs-crypto gate was integrated
almost immediately after that, making it to build 148
(which raised a lot of conspiracy theories, btw).

That was pool version 30 and current is 31.

There are snapshots of zfs-crypto gate scattered out there, but they are
different than the final code by an unknown amount of changes :(

[1] http://hg.genunix.org/onnv-gate.hg/rev/b23a4dab3d50

--
Cyril Plisko
CTO and Co-founder