zdev.conf broken, or am I doing it wrong?

Christ Schlacta aarcane at aarcane.org
Tue May 31 01:26:47 EDT 2011

On 5/30/2011 22:16, Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:
> On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 12:09 PM, Christ Schlacta<aarcane at aarcane.org>  wrote:
>> I realized when I googled the new helpful error that you literally meant
>> /block/whatever, not /whatever, so I re-ran to get more useful output:
>>
>> aarcane at ichigo:~$ sudo /lib/udev/path_id /block/sda
>> ID_PATH=pci-0000:00:1f.2-scsi-0:0:0:0
>> aarcane at ichigo:~$ sudo zpool_id -d /block/sda
>> Error: Missing ID_ZPOOL for ID_PATH: pci-0000:00:1f.2-scsi-0:0:0:0
> This means zpool_id was not able to find the path entry from the config file.
>
> Make sure that the config file is is on /etc/zfs/zdev.conf. Also you
> might want to try just using a single space to separate the entry
>
> a1 pci-0000:00:1f.2-scsi-0:0:0:0

so I looked at zpool_id and I found a small bug either in documentation
or in zpool_id.  on line 52, the characters \< and \> need to be removed
or the path id in zdev.conf needs to be wrapped in < > characters, then
everything works fine.  whichever is proper I'll update my local config
to reflect and let you handle the fix for later :)