[zfs-discuss] Re: Ubuntu 12.04 unable to install zfs-initramfs or zfs-grub

Greg retheoff at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 16:00:35 EDT 2012

Darik that worked!
I did need to add one extra step.  Where you run the policy check,
mine said:
Installed: 1.99-21ubuntu3

So I just ran: apt-get install zfs-grub
It selected grub-common with the +zfs version for me and installed
without error. Then my policy check looked like yours.
At that point I was able to run grub probe and install grub without
errors as well in chroot from the live cd.  It umounted and exported
correctly too.  However, reboot into the install didn't work and I got
a kernel panic.  I am not going to troubleshoot that now though,
thanks for the help!