[zfs-discuss] ANNOUNCE: systemd support for ZFS file systems

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Wed Feb 1 20:03:20 EST 2012

On Wed, 2012-02-01 at 03:24 -0800, Manuel Amador (Rudd-O) wrote:
> It also allows you to keep multiple root file systems on your pool,

I need to look at your solution in detail, especially the GRUB stuff.
I've been communicating with Darik Horn, Zachary Bedell, and upstream
GRUB about native ZFS root improvements.

>  and (based on which one you selected upon boot) mount the *correct*
> filesystems, preventing the usual mess of multiple /usr's mounted in
> the same place that zfs mount -a can cause.

At first glance, I really like your solution here!

It does break `zfs mount -a` for the root pool when you have overlapping
"/usr"s (for example), but I assume you're not worried about that,
because the root pool will always be imported?

What about recovery scenarios?

--
Richard