[zfs-discuss] smbfs and iscsi compile errors

Zenny garbytrash at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 14:45:24 EST 2012

On 2/19/12, Steven Anderson <hikenboot at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Thanks Once Again turbo for that updated information!
>
> 1)  I have updated the document to include the New Git share and have added
> the information from Turbo's posting in the proper location of the document.
>
> 2)  Since I have no more KVM and Proxmox 2.0 installation running. I can not
> test. I am looking for volunteers to try out this configuration which should
> work, since I built mine step to step using these directions.
>
> http://wanfuse.blogspot.com/2011/12/debian-squeezezfsproxmox-20-kvm.html

It does not work. If you use the branch you specified for spl, it
fails when arc.o gets compiled during zfs comilation. Else the latest
spl branch makes the zfs comilation from turbo's repository fails even
after removing the suffix of the Release line in META.

And it is not possible to install from the ubuntu repository (though
https://launchpad.net/~zfs-native/+archive/stable states that lucid is
compatible with squeeze), but zfs-initramfs fails.

So in no way it is possible to compile with upstream kernel with
squeeze nor with pve. fyi.