[zfs-discuss] Re: Bug bounty ($2k) on bug #709

Chris Dunlop chris at onthe.net.au
Fri Jun 22 09:10:50 EDT 2012

G'day Gunnar,

On 2012-06-20, Gunnar Beutner <gunnar at beutner.name> wrote:
> And here's the new version of the patch:
>
> https://gunnar-beutner.de/files/0001-Fix-znode-corruption-when-using-xattr-sa-v2.patch

Sorry, it looks like somthing's not right with this patch. I'm getting
apparent corrupted directory listings. After a fresh "rmmod zfs" and
"zfs mount -a" (which reloads the modules), an "ls -l" of a directory
(containing subdirs with xattrs) on one pool was ok, then an "ls -l" of
a similar directory on a different pool (to compare the two listings)
came back with ??? all over the place e.g. where permissions etc.
should be listed, i.e. they're corrupted. Then an "ls -l" of the
original dir also came back corrupted. This happened twice (i.e. after
unloading and reloading zfs modules). Reverting back to the original
patch resolved this issue, i.e. both directories could be listed without
problems.

There were no kernel messages associated with the apparent corruption.

Let me know if there are further details you need!

Cheers,

Chris,
OnTheNet