[zfs-discuss] Re: persistent corrupted pool even after recreating partition tables

Adam Gold adamgold at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 19:01:42 EDT 2012

On Jun 24, 10:40 pm, Kudinov Andrey <elh... at sigil-guild.org> wrote:
> I think it comes from zpool.cache.
> In my understanding exporting pool, deleting file should remove ghost pool.
> You can wait for someone else to confirm if you got some data there.

Thanks for the suggestion Andrey.  I tried deleting /etc/zfs/
zpool.cache both pre- and post-import but the same "phantom" storage
pool showed up.

I did also try importing the pool so I could destroy it but, not
surprisingly, that didn't work.  I received the following message:
"internal error: Value too large for defined data type
Aborted (core dumped)"