[zfs-discuss] CDDL vs GPL

Turbo Fredriksson turbo at bayour.com
Fri Jun 29 03:58:42 EDT 2012

 On Fri, 29 Jun 2012 08:51:13 +0100, Jan Harasym wrote:
> Seriously, the CDDL wasn't chosen because it was incompatible, they
> [Sun] had to integrate with proprietary drivers.

 Apparently there's video prof from a 'high ranking Sun manager' saying
 that that was the primary reason why they choosed/wrote CDDL...

 I didn't follow the link myself, but it was from the DebCon..0

> Why do we always end up talking about legal stuff "my stuff and your
> stuff can't mix because I chose the wrong words 17 years ago"
>
> I mean, really? Ugh

 From my point of view, every single word in the GPL is correct, and is
 exactly as it should be. And the BSD (etc) is wrong in so many ways...

 But that's oppinions for ya' - everyone have one :)
 --
 ... but you know as soon as Oracle starts waving its wallet at a
 Company it's time to run - fast.