[zfs-discuss] Help with estimated memory need

Christ Schlacta aarcane at aarcane.org
Sun Mar 11 16:53:56 EDT 2012

You can get an atom 1u with esata port et 2GB of ram for about $200, an
external jbod sata pmp for about $1, and fill it with drives (the most
expensive part) for about $1-$2 each.  spend about 300 on hardware, and
500-1000 on drives, which is artificially inflated due to the flooding
in taiwan, and be out the door dirt cheap with zfs
.