[zfs-discuss] Re: Resilvering all disks in a zpool, size unchanged

Andrew Dunn andrew.g.dunn at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 11:13:05 EDT 2012

This is what the pool looks like now, when I re-imported it the pool
started using the /dev/sdX convention:

agd at alexandria:~$ sudo zpool status gather
  pool: gather
 state: ONLINE
 scan: resilvered 423G in 2h9m with 0 errors on Sun Mar 11 18:24:55 2012
config:

NAME        STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
gather      ONLINE       0     0     0
  mirror-0  ONLINE       0     0     0
    sdf     ONLINE       0     0     0
    sde     ONLINE       0     0     0

errors: No known data errors

Now when I run the command I see this:

agd at alexandria:~$ sudo zpool online -e gather /dev/sdf
: cannot relabel 'sdf1': unable to open device

How should I offline the devices? One at a time?

--
Andrew Dunn
248.238.8649