[zfs-discuss] Re: spl/zfs-0.6.0-rc7

Richard Yao ryao at cs.stonybrook.edu
Fri Mar 16 22:30:40 EDT 2012

On 03/16/12 20:58, Blindy wrote:
> What are the procedures to upgrade? Is it as simple as compiling and
> installing or do i need to export the pool first?

Which distribution are you using?

If you use Gentoo and use the sys-kernel/spl-9999 and sys-fs/zfs-9999
ebuilds from the portage tree, you can do `module-rebuild rebuild`. That
will update your local GIT checkout with the latest code and rebuild all
of your kernel modules.

The latest code is currently the the 0.6.0-rc7 release, although ebuilds
for 0.6.0-rc7 won't enter the tree until I have finished testing a few
things. I expect to have finished testing by next week.