[zfs-discuss] [ubuntu 12.04 server amd64] Failed to install zfs due to spl-dkms/dkms

Richard Yao ryao at cs.stonybrook.edu
Sun Mar 18 19:13:08 EDT 2012

On 03/18/12 19:08, Franck wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I installed Ubuntu 12.04 server amd64 beta1 in a VM (VirtualBox).
> I just added in sources.list the ppa stable of ZFS for precise,
> and using 'apt-get install ubuntu-zfs' failed with:
>
> depends on spl-dkms : won't be installed
> depends on zfs-dkms : won't be installed
>
> Any idea?

I don't know if the stable PPA has been updated for 0.6.0-rc7 yet. Try this:

sudo apt-add-repository --yes ppa:zfs-native/daily && sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get -y install spl-dkms && sudo apt-get -y install zfs-dkms
zfsutils

Note that I am the Gentoo maintainer, so I can't be of much more
assistance than this.