[zfs-discuss] Re: How to install ZFS on Fedora as the root file system

UbuntuNewbie chessdoter at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 30 17:01:32 EDT 2012

Hello and thanks for the quide.

While usually walking along with ubuntu, i decided to try using zfs on
fedora using your guide. Helas, i ran into an error message, i could
neither understand nor fix:

After zfs installation and a reboot, the Z-commands dont work and ran
into:
"zpool:error while loading shared libraries: libnvpair.so.1: cannot
open shared object file: No such file or directory".
while trying to find /etc/default/zfs, i found it to be absent.
The only strange circumstance i am aware of: While my main pc is at
the manufacturers site to fix a problem, i was using virtualbox on a
32-bit machine. Could THAT eventually cause my show-stopper?