[zfs-discuss] Clang static analyze of zfs code

Marko Sch├╝tz Schmuck MarkoSchuetz at web.de
Wed May 2 08:40:37 EDT 2012

At Tue, 1 May 2012 07:39:44 -0600,
Jim Burnes wrote:

> Here's another static analysis tool which has been used to analyze libvirt:
>
> http://people.redhat.com/~rjones/cil-analysis-of-libvirt/

There are actually quite a few static analysis tools for C out
there. For example

https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Dehydra
http://frama-c.com/what_is.html
http://www.cprover.org/cbmc/

all seem like they could fairly easily be applied to ZFS' source
code. I have toyed around a bit with cbmc, but its drop in replacement
for gcc does not accept all the command line options of gcc, so is not
a drop in replacement in the end. I'll look into this some more as
time permits.

Marko