[zfs-discuss] Fwd: My blog post about installing ZFS on Debian GNU/Linux posted to the zfs-discuss mailing list

David E. Anderson danderson3 at gmail.com
Sun May 6 11:16:00 EDT 2012

Done and done, to both lists
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Aaron Toponce" <aaron.toponce at gmail.com>
Date: May 6, 2012 7:48 AM
Subject: My blog post about installing ZFS on Debian GNU/Linux posted to
the zfs-discuss mailing list
To: "David E." <danderson3 at gmail.com>

http://pthree.org/2012/04/17/install-zfs-on-debian-gnulinux/

I mentioned that the ZFS on Linux project supports encryption, but that was
a bit naive on my part. I was excited that I had it installed, and had
heard that ZFS supported encryption natively, but hadn't gotten around to
testing it when I published that post. Needless to say, I was disappointed
when learning that it wasn't implemented until version 30, and the ZFS on
Linux project only had version 28.

At any event, I've updated the post to reflect the correct standing of the
project. If you wouldn't mind forwarding this message to the list, seeing
as though I am not subscribed, that would be great. It would be nice to
clear my name, at least a little bit. :)

Also, Jim Klimov asks if GNU/Linux can boot off raidz roots. I'm not sure
if raidz, as I am using hardware RAID on my workstation, but a ZFS root is
bootable with GRUB, I have tested it, and it works fine, although it took a
bit of hacking to get it working correctly.

Thanks,

--
. o .   o . o   . . o   o . .   . o .
. . o   . o o   o . o   . o o   . . o