[zfs-discuss] enable/disable disk write caching?

Kudinov Andrey elhana at sigil-guild.org
Sun May 6 15:31:49 EDT 2012

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.os.solaris.opensolaris.zfs/40628
There is a test which shows ZFS to be twice slower with write cache
disabled and comment from Garrett D'Amore "ZFS will do the
right thing about ensuring write cache is flushed when needed."
On the other hand there is some other articles on the web saying raid
controllers might just ignore cache flush requests, which would be a
risk for your data.

If you absolutely must have data integrity at the cost of possible
performance loss, then I guess you better disable it.
p.s. I'm not an expert.