[zfs-discuss] Latest ZFS update for Ubuntu may break sudo.

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Thu Nov 1 02:54:34 EDT 2012

On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 1:49 PM, <richard.rega at gmail.com> wrote:

> This might be a question for another forum, but when I try 'pkexec chmod 440 /etc/sudoers.d/zfs' I get an 'Error executing command as another user: No authentication agent was found.

I see these processes on my ubuntu 12.04 when I run pxece, might be
relevant for you:
/usr/lib/policykit-1-gnome/polkit-gnome-authentication-agent-1
/usr/lib/policykit-1/polkit-agent-helper-1

at least you can check whether you have that binary, and whether those
processes are running

> When I try to use my sudo password for my root user password it doesn't work..  it is an old 10.04 system and I can't remember what the root user password could be.
>
> Without a working 'sudo' command what are my options?

Boot an alternative environment (e.g. live CD), chroot to your current
system, and reset the password?

--
Fajar