[zfs-discuss] Zpool on ZVOL

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Tue Nov 27 09:00:00 EST 2012

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 8:42 PM, Turbo Fredriksson <turbo at bayour.com> wrote:
> On Nov 27, 2012, at 1:50 PM, Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 5:54 PM, Turbo Fredriksson <turbo at bayour.com> wrote:
>>> Ok, so what about 'The iSCSI Enterprise Target' (http://iscsitarget.sourceforge.net/)?
>>
>> I'd say it's far behind feature-wise:
>> http://scst.sourceforge.net/comparison.html
>
> That seem quite wrong.

> And this goes on and on, so I'm not sure how trustworthy this comparation is...
> A lot of it I have no idea what it is or for what, so I can't say.

Well, the page has info on what to do if you find some part of it is
wrong. You may want to follow that up.

Again, back to the original purpose, IET wouldn't have fit the
original purpose of providing workaround for zpool-on-zvol. scst does.
If you find a way to do that with IET which doesn't involve VM or
another server, do let me know :)

--
Fajar