[zfs-discuss] booting ubuntu12.04/ppa initramfs mounts zfs but stops at init-bottom..done

Darik Horn dajhorn at vanadac.com
Thu Nov 29 19:26:17 EST 2012

On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 6:08 PM, Fajar A. Nugraha <list at fajar.net> wrote:

> Actually grub can handle /boot with compression=gzip just fine now
> (haven't tried compression=on since I don't use it).
> At least your ppa for precise does, not sure about earlier or upstream versions.

It has a non-trivial chance of failing as the pool ages, much like the
outstanding checksum, grub-probe, vdev replacement, or error 17
problems.

Upstream seems to be somewhat better, but I would prefer that people
don't use it so that they're not disappointed when it breaks.

--
Darik Horn <dajhorn at vanadac.com>