[zfs-discuss] SAN: same zpool on 2 hosts

Andrew Hamilton ahamilto at tjhsst.edu
Fri Aug 2 08:29:21 EDT 2013

Ulli Are you looking for an automatic disaster recovery or a manual
recovery?

For the latter, zpool import will not import a zpool that has not been
cleanly exported without adding a -f flag to the import. Instead you
will get a warning that the zpool is already imported on 'otherhostname'.

For the former, case, you would need a cluster resource agent and an
appropriate STONITH system. I have a zpool that I use with pacemaker to
automatically failover between two servers. I can provide more details
on the setup if you are interested.

Andrew Hamilton