[zfs-discuss] compression=lz4 not supported on pool version 26?

Durval Menezes durval.menezes at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 18:13:00 EDT 2013

Hi Chris,

On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 6:57 PM, Schlacta, Christ <aarcane at aarcane.org>wrote:

> Fbsd, Linux, and Illumos Gate all support pool v5000 and lz4.

Just found a handy table listing the pool version for each implementation
at Wikipedia (where else? ;-)):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZFS#Comparisons

>From what's listed there, seems zfs-fuse (which would be my first try for
any recovery) is still stuck at version #23 which is odd because I
distinctly remember seeing it with version 26; perhaps the table
information is outdated and/or wrong...

> Be careful which other flags you have enabled though. Nobody is
> implementing a chart of supported flags by release yet that I've heard of.

Humrmrmr... I'm using the following flags:

POOL:
     ashift=12
FS:
     mountpoint=none
     compression=lz4
     normalization=FormD
     atime=off

Do you know whether that's compatible with Illumos and FreeBSD?

Cheers,
--
   Durval.