[zfs-discuss] New drives, anything I need to do first? WD30EFRX

Cold Canuck ColdCanuck at nailedtotheperch.com
Mon Aug 19 19:13:52 EDT 2013

I have used 3 of them (3TB) in a raidz for the last 6 months; zero issues.

Not the fastest drive in my collection, but so far nice and solid.  In fact. as I write this I am i6 hours into a badblock scan of another one which I will use with the previous 3 in a new to me 1 U server.
(a Dell C1100 off ebay)

They have not thrown any errors, and I have a home-grown daemon which checks the integrity of every file at least weekly.

Andrew