[zfs-discuss] New drives, anything I need to do first? WD30EFRX

Schlacta, Christ aarcane at aarcane.org
Mon Aug 19 20:14:21 EDT 2013

So far on just the badblocks scan, two of them are going back.  One threw
one remapped sector, already (20% through the write phase) and one is only
going at 800iops sequential while the others are plodding along between 2
and 2.5K reliably.  And this is why we burn in drives before deploying them
:)